Personal Information Protection Policy EEA Personal Data Protection Policy >
Nishimoto Wismettac Group (hereinafter, “the Company”) recognizes the importance of safeguarding personal information, viewing this task as both its social responsibility and duty as an enterprise that handles personal information. To this end, with respect to personal information encountered as part of its operations, the Company has devised the following policy regarding the protection of personal information to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Beyond policy formulation, the Company also strives to extensively raise awareness of this issue among all employees, as well as for continuous improvement.
- The Company clarifies its purpose in collecting, using or providing personal information within the scope of its business, and handles such information through procedures that are legally appropriate and fair.
- Regarding personal information collected, the Company strives to prevent risks from materializing through necessary and appropriate security measures targeting risks such as unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, leakage, loss and similar risks.
- The Company rigorously complies with industry guidelines within the scope of laws and other regulations pertaining to personal information, and formulates and adheres to a compliance program based on its personal information protection policy.
- The Company has an officer in place responsible for management of personal information, and has put a related internal structure in place for appropriate safeguarding and management. Compliance programs essential for embedding the protection of personal information are enacted on a continuous basis, and are revised and improved periodically.
- When the disclosure, correction or change of personal information is requested, the Company responds in an appropriate timeframe and scope, and only in cases in which it confirms the request is from the individual named.
April 1, 2017
Nishimoto Co., Ltd.
Chairman & CEO
Handling of Personal Information
Nishimoto Wismettac Group (Nishimoto Co., Ltd., Wismettac Foods, Inc., Nishimoto Trading Co., Ltd.) strictly complies with Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws, and appropriately manages personal information provided by customers, handling such information as stipulated below.
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided by customers is solely used for responding to requests, inquiries and other related matters from the specified customer to the Company, the posting of various materials to customers, or for other purposes expressly described on this website. Personal information is not used for any other purposes than those stated above unless permission is granted in advance by the customer.
2. Provision to Third Parties
The Group does not provide personal information to third parties without permission in advance from the customer, with the exception of the instances below:
- Cases based on the law.
- Cases deemed necessary to safeguard human life, physical safety or assets in which it is difficult to obtain permission from the specified individual.
- Cases deemed particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the wellbeing of children in which it is difficult to obtain permission from the specified individual.
- Cases deemed necessary to cooperate with national government institutions, regional public organizations or entities authorized to conduct legally defined operations on behalf of these bodies in which obtaining permission from the specified individual could hinder the ability to carry out the work.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will respond swiftly to customer requests for notification, disclosure, correction, deletion or utilization of personal information, or to halt the provision of such information to third parties.
4. Measures Regarding Personal Information Management and Safety
The Company takes appropriate preventive steps to mitigate risks pertaining to the unauthorized access of personal information, destruction, damage, alternation or leakage of personal information, thereby ensuring safety and accuracy in the management of personal information. If problems should arise, the Company will strive to minimize damages and quickly implement corrective measures.
5. Revision of This Content
The Company will revise this content as necessary due to legal amendments and other eventualities.